- Town & municipality of southern Spain.
- Located in the province of Córdoba.
- Found 32 miles south of the provincial capital, Córdoba.
- Olive oil is an important product in the area.
- Flavour of the wine of Montilla which gives its name to the sherry Amontillado.
- Birthplace of "The Great Captain," Gonzalo or Gonsalvo of Córdoba (1453-1515).
- Birthplace of Saint Francis Solanus (Franciscan Monk)
- There is also a ruined castle of Pedro Fernandez de Córdoba, father of Gonsalvo of Córdoba, in Montilla.
- Francis Solanus was recorded as performing the 16th century miracle of curing a young virgin Joanna Francisca Hurtado (from Montilla in Córdoba) of bubonic plague.
Posted by ALCHEssMIST.
Alchemipedia | Home | Index | AZ | Numbers | Years | Animals | Architecture | Art | Business | Fashion | Films | Food & Drink | Games | Health | History | Literature | Media | Music | People |Politics | Science | Sport | Technology | World |